ÉGLISE SAINT VINCENT DE SERS

SERS , Hautes-Pyrénées – Patrimonio cultural

Acerca de nosotros

The 12th century Romanesque church dedicated to Saint Vincent is listed as a Historic Monument. It was modified in the 18th century and suffered from the earthquake of 1854; the presbytery had to be rebuilt in 1857. It has a cul-de-four chevet and a gabled bell tower with a watchtower. The bell tower has two bells: the larger one, on the left, comes from the old bell of 1885 recast in 1988. The smaller one, on the right, dates from 1889. If the first comes from a foundry in Orleans, the second was cast by Dencausse de Soues, like the vast majority of bells in the Toy Country. It is a parish subscription that financed the most recent bell. Unusual entrance by a house of the XVIIIth century (1769), the primitive entrance was located at the south of the unique nave. The 46 cm diameter chrism is framed on the right by two birds and on the left by an eagle and a cross. It is almost identical to the one in Vizos. The chevet, supported by pilasters, is decorated by a tufa cornice with gear teeth. Access to the tribune by the outside staircase. The church is listed in the supplementary inventory of historical monumentsInside, there is a beautiful baroque altarpiece in gilded wood (restored in 1996), representing Saint Vincent of Saragossa, dressed as a deacon, with his serpette and his martyrdom palm. The workmanship of his face is rather crude. Located in a niche with a blue background, he is framed by Saint Peter with his key and Saint Paul with his sword and is surmounted by God the Father holding a globe in his left hand. He is framed by two angels. In the floral decoration are pomegranates bursting, symbols of Christianity: the seeds in a partition signifying the multitude of believers in unity. Four fire pots dominate the ensemble. 18th century high altar in the Roman styleTo make up for the lack of space, two side chapels were added in the 18th century, then a U-shaped gallery in turned wood in 1889. Beautiful schist floor and baptismal font. The lantern (red light) is that of a procession lantern (God’s day).The church is open every day.Sources : www.patrimoines-lourdes-gavarnie.fr Traduction automatique par DeepL via DATAtourisme


Horario de apertura

  • Del dimanche 2 janvier 2022 al samedi 31 décembre 2022

Prestaciones

Servicios

  • Visites groupes libres
  • Visites individuelles libres

A moins de 15 min de l’arrêt de bus de BETPOUEY – RD 918 !

Ubicación