ÉGLISE SAINT MARTIN DE GAILLAGOS

GAILLAGOS , Hautes-Pyrénées – Patrimonio cultural

Acerca de nosotros

The Romanesque church of Saint-Martin de Gaillagos is of very old construction, probably from the 13th century, but it was very much restored in the 17th, 18th and 19th centuries (1840-1890). It has lost all its authenticity. The lintel is marked 1819. For a while the patronage of the church was given to the monks of Saint-Savin, it is their abbot who appointed the parish priest.Inside, there is a beautiful Romanesque sculpted baptismal font. Very beautiful baroque pulpit, it is all that remains of the old church. The high altar is made of Bagnères marble, it is surmounted by a gilded copper cross and the statue of Saint Martin (a gift from Lanusse-Fontan). In a corner, under the staircase, a bust of Saint Martin in bronze, the work of the local sculptor J-J ABDALLAH. According to Pierre DEBOFLE, it was located in the nearby square.Sources : www.patrimoines-lourdes-gavarnie.fr Traduction automatique par DeepL via DATAtourisme


Ubicación

ÉGLISE SAINT MARTIN DE GAILLAGOS
Rue de l’église 65400 GAILLAGOS

Ruta y acceso

+33 (0)5 62 97 42 60

E-mail

A mis favoritos Quitar de favoritos