ÉGLISE PAROISSIALE NOTRE-DAME D’ARREAU

ARREAU , Hautes-Pyrénées – Patrimonio cultural

Acerca de nosotros

Listed historical monument.The parish church with its Romanesque chevet has a square tower-shaped bell tower with defensive functions. It was dedicated to Saint Catherine until the 18th century. At that time, the construction of an altarpiece in praise of the Assumption of the Virgin consecrated it to Our Lady. The church was the object of interior decoration under the direction of Pierre Miegeville, a sculptor and gilder from Bagnères de Bigorre. In 1844, the monumental portal was opened in the bell tower according to the plan of the surveyor Verdier d’Arreau.The church houses a splendid 16th century Piéta. Traduction automatique par DeepL via DATAtourisme


A moins de 10 min de l’arrêt de bus de ARREAU – Quai de la Neste !

Ubicación

ÉGLISE PAROISSIALE NOTRE-DAME D’ARREAU
65240 ARREAU

Ruta y acceso

A mis favoritos Quitar de favoritos