GTMC Great crossing of the Massif Central by mountain bike
FLORAC , Lozère – Stay
We love it
Itinerant mountain bike tours on the route of the Grande Traversée du Massif Central. From the Puys chain to the shores of the Mediterranean in Languedoc, you cross the Massif Central by mountain bike, the most extensive of the mountain ranges.
Culminating at an altitude of 1885 m, it is of great variety geographically and geologically. Auvergne volcanoes, high plateaus (the Cézalier, the Margeride and the great Causses ) and deep gashes in the Tarn gorges await the mountain biker in search of sensation, nature and authenticity.
Timeless trips, in order to make you savor privileged moments rich in encounters. 4 “sporty” mountain bike trails with rugged profiles, on the route of the Grande Traversée du Massif Central which will satisfy the most experienced mountain bikers.
– From the Chaîne des Puys to La Margeride – 5 days
– From Margeride to Causse Méjean – 5 days
– From the Gorges du Tarn to Lac du Salagou – 5 days
– From the Grands Causses to the Mediterranean – 6 days
Formula GTMC à la carte :
Concoct the raid of your choice:
– softer: for a discovery of mountain biking, for a short stay between “contemplatives”, in love …
– more sporty: to take up a challenge, to train for a MTB marathon raid …
– a short stay: over 2 or 3 days to try out roaming, discover a geographical area, introduce your children or teenagers to roaming …
– the integral:you have time, you want to complete the entire course, we take care of everything and you leave without hassle and with a free spirit!
Formula “freedom” :
You have a topo-guide with the route of the stages, the corresponding IGN maps and the detailed topo-synthesis of the route (cartographic documents).
Your accommodation and catering are reserved by us.
“Framed” formula :
You can do this route in the company of a mountain bike guide (state graduate – BE).
Groups start from 4 to 6 people.
The Raid formula :
For those who want to link 2 sections or why not complete the crossing in its entirety, or if you want an adapted route with tailor-made stages: email@example.com
This trip requires a correct physical condition and a certain endurance (length of certain stages and elevation) as well as a minimum practice of mountain biking in uneven terrain.
As with any sports activity over several days, we advise you (as far as possible) to prepare yourself physically by practicing mountain biking a few weeks before your stay (it is even better if you do it all year round) in order to gain stamina or strengthen it. A few gym or jogging sessions can also help you prepare for this trip.
COMING BY TRAIN :
We all know the environmental impact of our car trips.
Going on vacation is a significant source of CO2 emissions, in particular because people usually travel long distances to get away from it all …
So if “soft mobility” tempts you:
– From the Puys chain to La Margeride: arrival at Clermont Ferrand or Volvic station.
– From Margeride to the Gorges du Tarn: arrival at St Flour station + junction by taxi minibus.
– From the Gorges du Tarn to St Guilhem le Désert: arrived at Alès or Génolhac station + junction by taxi minibus.
Spoken languages : French
- From 590€
From 590 € / person (based on 6 people) 6 days / 5 nights
This price includes :
• Accommodation in stopover lodges, guest rooms or hotels.
• Midday meals (picnic) and evening meals.
• The supply of the route, the topo-guide, the topo-synthesis & profile of the stages and the corresponding IGN maps
• Supervision by BE VTT guide (for the supervised formula)
• Luggage transport (possibility to collect it if desired)
• Transfer by minibus taxi at the end of the hike.
This price does not include:
• Cancellation & multi-risk insurance (4.5%)
• Personal expenses
• Mountain bike rental (option possible)
- Bank/credit card
- Chèques Vacances
- Credit transfer
- Chèques bancaires et postaux
- Eurocard – Mastercard